Thursday 2 September 2010

Progress Report

So, it is nearly the end of winter. I am sure we are through the worst of the weather now, although Hawkes Bay has had an incredibly wet couple of months. They even cancelled the dressage practise day, and they NEVER cancel the dressage - it's just get on, and get on with it. I guess the ground is so darn wet now that the powers-that-be are worried it will be damaged by anyone riding on it.


Max has been checked out by the physio - I asked her to give him a Warrant of Fitness and just make sure he is all good, and ready to do some work this year. Judging by my creakiness, I should get one too, but I am a bit scared of what they might find... He has sticky stifles and the near one in particular has been a problem, making him incredibly lame last December. But happily, that looks much better and I just need to do some massage/stretches of the hip/stifle area and keep an eye on him. If needed, he can go out to Auntie Heather's place and run around on the hills there for a while to strengthen his legs.


I have had his saddle fit checked and got S. to make modifications to his skito pad to make it fit better. Until he develops some back muscle and topline, he will need some padding. But I am sure this will only be temporary once we get to work!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear hes doing well! Hopefully the stifle problem will come right soon! I am soooo looking forward to the good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh hasn't it been wet. Its still pouring with rain here in the naki....I'm sure my horses have web feet now. Hope all the aches, pains and stiffness goes away and you get some nice spring riding in soon

    ReplyDelete