Thursday 6 January 2011

Twenty Eleven

Yikes, 2011.

Still, a new year, new opportunities, right? So, here we are back on the blogging again. I will endeavour to post more often as I have found that it is the little things that you forget. And how else to track our progress?


I haven't set any concrete goals for the year, just fuzzy ones about being happy and appreciating the scenery. Hopefully Max will stop being a llama, and we can do more than walk. I'd like to start working him over some poles (once we have trot and canter again) and take him out as many places as possible for the mileage. Maybe we could go to the Riding Club's NI event next January?

I have to think a bit to decide on our progress for 2010. It seemed to be a year of one step back, and two backwards, circles and some arguments.

BUT:
  • We did achieve getting him on the float and going a few places. 
  • He won his first ribbon for dressage. 
  • I have learned an incredible amount about handling and dealing with young horses. 
  • I think I have gained a tiny bit of "feel" and developed my eye. 
  • I don't tie us up in a huge knot when trying to lunge him. 
  • And I didn't break any bones or fall off although there have been a lot of tears.

So, progress, of sorts.

1 comment:

  1. A new year and new starts for all of us and our horses. Good luck with the goal setting

    ReplyDelete