Friday 12 March 2010

Goober


HUH????

My Max is a dear, sweet little horse. But he isn't the sharpest pencil in the box, if you know what I mean. So this has led to a number of nicknames we apply as needed.

These include, but are not limited to:

Goober
Dingbat
Ginga
Knucklehead

You idiot
Ah, sweet boy
Nincompoop
Great Gallump

All of which are very tempting to use as his official registered name, but I will worry about that when it gets closer to us actually getting out in competition.

He came with the name "Bubba". We hadn't got very far down the road after seeing him for the first time before I burst out with "Nice horse, but there is no way he is keeping that name!". My coach agreed with me completely and confessed she was worried I would be too superstitious to change his name. I had been superstitious before that, but rapidly changed my mind.

I have a few ideas for his show name but Max is good for now.  It is even funnier as he is the smallest horse in his herd.
Irony, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment